Farewell Bayliss

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Farewell Bayliss

Post by djalbin »

Troy Bayliss won the 2008 WSBK Championship and the last two races of the season at Portugal. He certainly ended his racing career in grand style :cool

Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

He's great. Makes you realize that some guys in SB have as much talent as the GP guys, just chose a different course.

Good on him. I'm really glad he went out in style (and in one piece).
John
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Excuse my ignorance but did he die or did he retire?
(No more speed channel on SAT anymore, to broke, must save money for parts)
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

No he just retired... and all the other riders threw a party!!!
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

ace of spades
Veteran Poster

Post by ace of spades »

Yeah, Bayliss still is magnificent. My production manager is a real Duc fan, owns two of the horrible excuses. We have/had (don't know how much of Bayliss we will see off-scene) one thing in common with the Ducs: The fall-off artist

Anyways, I had a poster a couple years ago: Bayliss being highsided, hands barely touching the handle bars and then an inscription at the bottom (?) of the poster: 'In total control'. Does anyone have it on JPEG or the likes? I'd really like to get it again.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

I have been lucky and privleged to watch Troys carrer from when he first appeared as a proddie 250 rider on a K1 Kawazaki

Watched Troy (GSX-R 750) have a race long duel with John Kosinzki (RC-45...remember him???) at a WSBK meet at Phillip Island, over both races, and beat him twice through sheer doggedness

Anyone remember his ride on the Suzuki 250cc GP bike at Phillip Island, racing, and mixing it, with Waldman, Jaque, Rolfo, as a stand in for an injured rider. Such sort notice was his call up he was wearing his local Ansett Airfreight leathers. He was interviewed on race comentay, and commented that he could walk through the bike expo and no-one knew who he was

Sito Pons commented when Bayliss Camel Honda moto gp team that sometimes a rider brings more with him that just money

Troy has been one, if not the, most fravorite rider of the last 10 years for his gritty, balls out approach to racing motorcycles, and i hope he continues that when he pulls on a helmet for a rumered crack at V8 Super cars here in OZ

Thaks for the ride Troy

Stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

I agree Stan. We have some truely talanted riders down here. I just hope Troy comes back home to Australia in the future. I'd love to see him do some guest rides in the Post classic series. Like Robbie Phillis, Mal Campbell & Wayne Gardener do. Just as long as he's not in my class of cause!! :oops:
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

FYI--any of you Netflix users can view on your PC a feature on Baylss (Legend of Superbike Champion Troy Bayliss, 2008, 135 minutes).

Kontoboy