Greg White as Race Announcer at Barber

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Greg White as Race Announcer at Barber

Post by KontoBoy »

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Greg. Some of the Two Wheel Tueday stuff was just bad TV and I'd heard some stories about him that left a bad impression.

But I have to admit I liked his race commentary at Barber. Unlike his predecessors he knows something about riding and racing and he was calling it as it happened (whopples, slides, etc) and he showed some real excitement.

Now if he'd just stop giving Freddie a lap dance when they talk on camera. C'mon Greg--give the guy some room.

Kontoboy

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

i watched the start plus about 10 minutes of race two. you know, greg white irritated the hell out of me when he had that show, but his commentary was not bad.

freddie's commentary bothers me much more...
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

I agree. Greg White is the best race announcer they have had on SpeedTV for the AMA motorcycle races. Plus the new guy down on the line is better at talking to the racers than Greg. Greg is better in the booth with Freddie Spencer and the new guy is better on the line with the racers.
Dave Despain was always good on the motorcycle shows but he now has Wind Tunnel.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ