Track Dayz

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
OW-01
Veteran Poster

Track Dayz

Post by OW-01 »

Not been alot of love on the site lately, so just to get trafficking, the YZF750 will "finally" be up and running this week and will be at Barber on 15 March for the STT track day. New mods'
39mm flatsides
Dutchman full exhaust
Kit Harness
Kit CDI
Marchesini's front and rear
R1 Calipers
Ohlins rear
Engine completely stock

If any brotherhood guys will be there come find me so we can ride!

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

Don't temp me! I've always wanted to make the trek to Barber but it's a good 18 hour drive, and right now I don't even have a bike to bring.

Those are some great mods. FCRs are awesome. Is that Dutchman's exhaust D-ported? I heard/read somewhere the backpressure it creates makes it breath better--I know it sounds counterintuitive. I have a Micron race pipe now and picked up an Akro system neither of which occlude the pipes.

Shoot some pics at the track and get them posted so I can get some vicarious thrills please.

Kontoboy

OW-01
Veteran Poster

YZF750

Post by OW-01 »

Sup Steve!
Is the engine ready?
Let me know what your summer plans are, I'll make tracks to the northeast sometime this year.
Would love to see your ride and get some duo YZF750 action on the modern bikes at the track!

Will get some pics posted, been 16 months since I've seen the bike so it will be a refresher for me as well!

Cheers!

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

No Motor! Not ready! Not getting my calls returned! Not a good sign. Despite all the promises and reassurances I'm not expecting the motor anytime soon and an actively prepping a SV650 to do double duty as a streetable track bike.

Yeah I know, Susucki, but the price was right and it's just a temporary solution. I was kind of annoyed because two weeks after I bought the SV I saw a local '93 YZF750 on Craigslist for the same price ($1500)! Damn!

I guess I'll need to make a three hour drive to Pittsburgh and "drop in" at Dutchman Racing to see what is up with the motor. What a pain.

Right now I'm looking at the NESBA schedule and expect to be back out late April or May. There are a couple "B-Days", one at VIR late June and another at Beaverun early July I'd plan to go to. Essentially it is an open track all day long--no 20 minute sessions. A little more expensive, a lot more riding. They get rave reviews.

Maybe I'll see you there?

Kontoboy

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

steve, if you drive over to pittsburgh let me know. it's only two hours from cleveland...
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

OW-01
Veteran Poster

Post by OW-01 »

Steve,
The Susuckme will be a fun tool! I had a 02 GSXR1000 set up by KWS and I hated it, was faster on the YZF, believe it or not.

Well, I will see this weekend, I have a promise, but am taking the bike back regardless (13 months later than promised). Fingers crossed! I will be at Barber on the 15th, if the bike isn't ready will run another bike.

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Hey Boys!!

Good to hear everyone is getting revved up for this season!! Lookin forward to seeing some pics of all ur rides. :)

Well, I'll be doing a double track-day at Pacific Raceway in Seattle with NESBA (Jun 28th & 29th) and then I'll be going to Miller Motorsports Park for a double day there in August. Really looking forward to Miller since I'll be riding the full 4.5 mile course. Some of my friends are also going to Portland, Thunderhill and Willow Springs/Streets of Willow as well.

So many cool tracks and not enough $$$ to go to all of them!!

Julian

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Julian, I'll do my best to get down there for support and picy taking.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Sounds good!! Hope to see you there Tim. :)

BTW, how are u coming along with the swingarm conversion?

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

I've register with NESBA for May 2 at Summit, June 26 at VIR and July 5 at Beaverun. VIR and Beaver are the "B-Days" which is an open track all day. Love to see some of you guys there.

Jason--I'll let you know when I head to Pittsburgh. Looking at my schedule it might be awhile--planning on doing it on a Friday. Be great to meet up at Dutchmans.

Last I heard my motor was apart and cases cleaned, Carillos and Kit tranny ready to go in and crank being lightend/balanced. That was January. Haven't heard from him since. I told him in October I was ready to take back my motor so I could find another builder and he swore he'd get it done for me. I don't think he's dishonest, but just kidding himself. Too bad--I'm sure he'd build a great motor if he ever got it done.

No doubt the SV will be fun. I had a pleasant surprise and found my YZF Ohlins is close to a perfect fit for the SV. It will be borrowed. Got some other mods too--Traxxion built/Race Tech forks, rearsets, sliders, clip-ons, rejetting and doing a cam swap. Doing lots of work on it lately, but when done it still won't be as much fun as the YZF. (But should be a blast on the street!)

Kontoboy

OW-01
Veteran Poster

Post by OW-01 »

Steve,
My PM to you didn't post. Shoot me an E-mail; burns_jb@hotmail.com if they don't come thru to you.