What position will Nicky Hayden finish in this years Motogp

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!

What position will Nicky hayden finish this year?

1st
No votes
2nd
No votes
3rd
19%
4th
6%
5th
13%
6th to 10th (safe bet?)
19%
Nicky Who?
44%

Total votes: 16

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

De Puniet has a collor bone injury, and knee injuries, and was smoking in Qualifying.

The top three did laps as fast on the final lap as they did at the start of the race,

5 different manafactures in the top 5 spots, 2 Mich, 3 Bridge, and 0.4 between the top three

What a race, pitty i fell asleep for a while, (we get free to air coverage here in OZ starting at about midnight)

The race for this championship is well and trully on

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

Apart from the odd flashes of good form in the past the following riders have either ,
had their day and are getting a bit long in the tooth/just not cut it/just making up the numbers
Not in any order,
checca,nakano,roberts,tamada,de puniet,hoffman,edwards,

Now I relise even to be at the back of the grid you got to be at a certain level but it seems some are just there to make the numbers up or have a shed load of money behind them.
Moto gp needs new hungry riders.
If suzuki and kawasaki rent out two more bikes each like its rumored then with more bikes on the grid it could be more interesting.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

:good
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Now you need to name seven Moto GP ready riders to take their places.

But i take exception to De Puniet, being on your list. The guy was smoking in Qualli and rode a solid race to finish 5th, along way in front of some other factory backed riders. Perhaps put Oliver Jacque instead.

And you left Hayden off your list. He was 35 sec behind the leaders, thats a loss of 1.5 sec PER LAP.

stan

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

West, Lorenzo, DeAngels, Divisizo, Simocelli, and Kalio?

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Tosland, Lorenzo, DeAngels, Divisizo

Possables: Neukirchner, Spears

stan

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Hayden not giving up on title yet

Post by owdamer »

Theres an interview with nicky on the bbc. I cant say I share his confidence. He's got about as much chance of retaining his title as Ilmor have of winning the constructors championship.... :roll:
MotoGP world champion Nicky Hayden says he has not given up hope of retaining his title despite a disastrous start to the 2007 campaign.

After seven races the 25-year-old is 11th in this season's standings but he says a good display at Sunday's British Grand Prix could revive his season.

"Deep down I believe in myself as much as I ever did and I believe I can turn things around," he told Five Live.

"I can't wait for Friday at Donington. I know I'm up to the challenge."

While team-mate Dani Pedrosa has flourished on his new 800cc bike this season, Hayden has struggled and currently lies 99 points behind championship leader Casey Stoner.

He admitted his failure to adapt had hit his chances, but did not want to use that as an excuse for his poor showing so far.

"We didn't make the transition as good as we liked and some of our competitors have caught us off guard - I need to do a better job of riding this 800," he said.

"I'm honest with myself - I know I've made some mistakes, I fell off in France with only a few laps to go and I've got to take the blame for that.

"But I've got some good guys in my corner and that gives me confidence as much as anything.

"I've put myself in a hole but I'm excited to fight my way out of it. I've got plenty of work to do to just get back - obviously first I need to get back on the podium, then winning races, but racing's a funny game, things change quickly.

"I know if I don't get back up front immediately any chances of having a good overall finish go out the window but I'm honestly not worried."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 762789.stm
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.
Getting older by the day.

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

stan wrote:Tosland, Lorenzo, DeAngels, Divisizo

Possables: Neukirchner, Spears

stan
Neukichner I would say no until hes improved in wsb.
Toseland may not goto to moto gp unless its a pukker bike,so his manager says intodays motor cycle news.
Ben speis...hmmmm now he could do well.
shame maladin stays in ama he could have gone inot gp's years ago.
but like foggy I suppose stay where you know you got the best chance.

Shame Rea isnt going to ride the kenny roberts bike this weekend.hrc have pulled him out.I wonder if roberts will find another english rider in time?

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

Would Spies have the same problem adapting to the European style of riding that Hayden ran into? Everyone who seems natural on the new bike is ex 250cc. As far a Hayden, I have to have some respect for the guy. He is a fish out of water, and doesn't blame anyone but himself.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

pacer wrote:... As far a Hayden, I have to have some respect for the guy. He is a fish out of water, and doesn't blame anyone but himself.....
True, and he's a good rider or he wouldn't even be in the MotoGP, so I'll give him props for that too.

But for him to think he has a chance of winning the Championship a second time from 99 points down..... come on... he loses some credibility there.

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

I've got no doubts that Hayden is fast, or that he's a good motogp rider.
He might have "won" last years championship, but I would put that championship in the same category as Crivilles was.

I doubt another Brit will take Johnny Rea's place. It would have to be either a honda rider or someone without a ride at the moment.
That narrows the choice down a lot. Neil Hodgsons is testing the BSB bike for Rizla Suzuki this week so I doubt he would be available as it would mean his first ride would be in friday morning practice.
James Haydon is available, but I doubt he would be considered.
Shakey Byrne perhaps??
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

YZF_RIDER...............Maladin tested for HRC when Gardner broke his leg in the US GP, he went on to ride with Gagiva on a 500cc, but was dumped when he busted his ankle when he got mixed up in someones accident..

As for ex250gp riders, Colin Edwards is a national 250cc champion, so why isn't he up the front more??????

Aussie riders tend to come up through dirt bike then into road racing,
Vermulin and Bayliss don't have a lot of 250 experience, but Bayliss did ride the Suzuki 250 gp bike at Phillip Island when he was racing superbikes in OZ.

Neukichner is on a K6 gsxr 1000, and is a true privateer, his results in WSB should not be overlooked, consistant lap times, and constantly in the superpole and top ten in race finishes.

stan

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

Did Edwards ride 250s in the states, or in Europe? I think the reason Edwards is off the pace is that time caught up to him. You don't have to lose much of your nerve to have it show up against a bunch of kids over a 20 some lap race. I would love to see a steller day out of him. Laguna may be a good place for it to happen.

I think that American riders (and possibly others) are at a disadvantage because the tracks aren't as nice. A fair amount of them here are just ovals that are converted for the short term. These kind of tracks lend themselves to the point and shoot method. That is why the 250gp guys are at an advantage. Same tracks, and the new bikes lend themselves to the 250 riding style. The top 4 are all ex 250 guys. That being said talent is talent, and if you can't make the grade you lose. I think that if Hayden or anyone else on a quality ride can't find the front by the end of the season then they are screwed. This year is already written off. It is a R&D year. As long as they are not in danger of losing a ride.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Most of the current riders are ex250 guys because they've been racing gps for years and moved up through the classes. I dont think its the 250 experience that makes them good riders though. I think they would be good whatever they rode.
Edwards is blaming the new tyre rules for his problems, He says he's looking forward to Donington & Assen though because he knows he goes well. We'll have to see on that one I guess.
Soup are saying that James Toseland will be making an announcement today at Donington. I wonder if he's signed a deal somewhere?
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Whats the bet Tosland says he is staying with Honda next year, but he is leaving his options open as to a move to Moto GP or remaining in WSBK.
His main focus at the moment is winning the WSBK title...blablabla

It would be a little early to be announcing seat changes for next year, But maybe LCR to have 2 bikes next yaer..................

Then again, arnt Kawasaki looking for some new talent????

For those who are interested, check out edwards bio on his wabsite

http://www.ceracing.com/

stan

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Gidday,

I was watching the World Superbike / Supersport races in the weekend and once again Westy won the 600's, but this time it was in the dry so no one can detract from what he did.

The commentators mentioned, more than once, that he now has a MotoGP ride with Kawasaki for the rest of the year - so I wonder who has been elbowed out of team green?

Cheers
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Just answered my own question - OJ's now back to test rider, see the link below:

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/motogp_ ... ?menu=news

Cheers
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

I dont think toseland should just go to moto gp.
thats been the problem with many riders in the past.
I must be in moto gp at all costs even if Im on the shit bike.

Well I think toseland is right to keep options open but insiit on the best bike.
But he is also in the thinking that if he does not do well at the 8 hour or wsb then he wont have hrc's favour.

Fair play to him at last a english rider whos got it right.
win first then move up.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I like West, he's just having a hard time in the 250 class.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

I know West is an Aussie, but i havn't warmed to him over the years.

He has got great riding ability, which is evedent by his recent outings in WSS, but it's his personal approach to his teams and support,

He was on a good thing with KTM in the 250's but slagged them off when they had some teething problems with reliability,

Am keeping an eye on Friday qualifying at donington and West (and DePuinet) are doing well. Godd luck to him i guess

stan