What position will Nicky Hayden finish in this years Motogp

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!

What position will Nicky hayden finish this year?

1st
No votes
2nd
No votes
3rd
19%
4th
6%
5th
13%
6th to 10th (safe bet?)
19%
Nicky Who?
44%

Total votes: 16

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

not quite right there.
he had two years in moto gp and then went back to wsb.
first with ducati then honda

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

as for rossi...............
over the years he has had the run of the good luck/things going right.all others around him have had things go wrong/accidents etc etc
and hes laughed at them.
well well what goes around comes around...look whos not having things his own way !!

dont get me wrong to be even at the back of a moto gp grid you got to be on a certain level ( or have a pot load of money)

but rossi looks like a sulking child these days

all the tyre makers said before that the new rules where good.now the bridgestone seems to have got it right michelin want the rules changed !!

well boys pick up your toys that youve thrown out in a rage and get on with it.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

over the years, Rossi has had the best luck, and the best people around him. he made his luck. He has been lucky with injury, and was able to out phyk most of the oposition. Lets face it, who in Moto GP/500 was able to run with Vale week in week out.

Sete maybe???

He got the best bits, simply because he was the best rider, but in the words of the imortal Wayne Rainey " you can only ride the crest of a wave for so long"

And yes YZF rider, Bayliss did spend two years in Moto GP, but my point was he had never ridden that bike, 2 years away from a team is a very long time in GP circles

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

but he had ridden that bike !!
but this time he was allowed to set it up to how he wanted it.
before when he rode that bike he had to ride with settings and components that ducati told him to do/use.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

YZF_Rider wrote:...before when he rode that bike he had to ride with settings and components that ducati told him to do/use.
I doubt that he had to use the settings, but likely had to use the components
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

Well it happened
And it also happened when it was 500 gp's
English rider Chris Walker was on a Honda and he also could not change anything on the bike.He had to ride it as it was.It was set up by the crew.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Perhaps the crew knew better??

A moto gp/500 is a multi adjustable beast, and could very quickly overwhelm someone who has just stepped onto it.

I know a guy who works for Honda in F1. He set up the car for Rubens when he first came into the team. Ruben would talk to the team regarding his feelings, but it was the crew who made the decisions as to which way the car would go. As he got more proficent at driving the car, he was given more autonomy to develop it.

As for Bayliss, lets get this right. He rode the Ducati GP 01,02,and 03. went to Honda for a year, then to WSBK, he had never thrown a leg over the GP06 prior to getting to Valencea, let alone rode on Bridgestone rubber.

stan

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

wow - stoner is still on top of the points battle

maybe stoner doesnt know who rossi is ......~~~~yet~~~~~

maybe stoner doesnt know he is battling a icon

when the epiphany hits stoner...and be sure it is to hit hard....rossi will be on top and all the stars and planets will align themselves to pronounce him legend

oh wait...been there done that

seriously folks...stoner is frickn fast and thus far consistent

congrats go out to him....he's makn' me a believer

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Stoner is looking good. He idn't hold on at Mugello, but Rossi owns that track anyway. Now it's what...9 points between them? If Rossi gets back in his grove, and goes back to his old ways of mentally fuppin' with the guy closest in points, I don't see Stoner keeping it together. Rossi does have a talent for getting into a rival's head and turning it to swiss cheese...lol
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Stoner is no stoner

Rossi dosn't hold the fear to these young guys, they seen him get beaten last year, so they know his human, and even the best riders can make mistakes.

We are seeing the effects of the new tyre rule come into play.
Changable conditions over the weekend can have a big effect on the tyre choice you make on Thursday night.

Rossi is no doubt one of the greatest riders, and can ride around a problem, but guys like Stoner and Pedrosa are gaining in their own beleif, so Vale nolonger only has one rider to contend with,

stan

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

stan wrote:Perhaps the crew knew better??

A moto gp/500 is a multi adjustable beast, and could very quickly overwhelm someone who has just stepped onto it.

I know a guy who works for Honda in F1. He set up the car for Rubens when he first came into the team. Ruben would talk to the team regarding his feelings, but it was the crew who made the decisions as to which way the car would go. As he got more proficent at driving the car, he was given more autonomy to develop it.

As for Bayliss, lets get this right. He rode the Ducati GP 01,02,and 03. went to Honda for a year, then to WSBK, he had never thrown a leg over the GP06 prior to getting to Valencea, let alone rode on Bridgestone rubber.

So a moto gp 4 stroke bike is not multi adjustable and couldnt overwhelm the same as a 500 2 stroke ? I cant see that somehow.

I thought the last year bayliss was on the motogp duc they had bridgestones then.

Chris walker keeps a model of that old 500 at his home.when things are going bad he looks at the model to remind him things are not as bad as when he was riding that bike lol
stan

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

all we beed seeing in mcn the last few weeks is pics of rossi looking like he could cry.
amazing,last year he was one of the riders saying the new tyre rule was a good idea blah blah blah in the thinking that michelin would be even better I suppose.
And he prob thought yamaha and honda would be miles ahead of the rest with the best bikes.
Well well well look whos moaning now !!
I dont like this tyre rules hes saying now....oh but wait its ok again cause I just won my home race !!

I just think its about time we had sombody else winning for a change.

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Maybe Nicky will get faster....

Naahhhhhh :poke :poke
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

dragracer1951 wrote:Maybe Nicky will get faster....

Naahhhhhh :poke :poke
:funny

Not unless pedrosa gets sidelined for a few races.

I just watched sundays race this morning, Hats off to rossi and his crew, they looked at it from another angle and won the race with one of the slowest bikes out there. I dont think he's beat yet, but then I dont think Stoners done winning yet either.
I dunno what to make of Edwards this year, he seems to have used all his good rides during testing!
I'm looking forward to Donington and assen, maybe Edwards can shine there.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.
Getting older by the day.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

i wish edwards would do something. he goes like a bat outta hell on qualifying tires then seems to get it all wrong on race day.

maybe he just doesn't have the mettle to push hard anymore. he is getting a bit older now...
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Hooligan wrote:i wish edwards would do something.
+1 :sad

I hate to say it, but I really doubt Yamaha is going to keep him on the top team next year. Just want to see him get at least one win this year.
Nate
Image Image

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Another classic race today. Rossi was on top form but couldn't beat the superior speed of stones ducati. Having said that hats off to stoner. He rode a fantastic race and really deserved that win. His bike was faster down the straight, but he managed to fight it out with rossi in the twisty bits. Great race, great coverage. They should send a copy of it to whoever films the USGP. They might learn a thing or two. Like how to film for a start.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Stoner definately proved today that he can handle Rossi being on his ass through the whole race. Those Ducs have some serious freaking power. Rossi seemed to have trouble in the twisties, as far as running them too wide. Wonder if the majority of that was due to the tires fading on him. Seems like the Bridgy's were doing better than the Michelins.

And that almost crash between de Puniet and Melandri (I think)....wow. :scared
Nate
Image Image

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Seems like the Bridgy's were doing better than the Michelins.
Bridgestones are coming on strong this year. In previous years Michelin would deliver custom tires for each track on race day. Now that the teams have to preselect their tires prior to race day, the Bridgestones are showing they are a better tire for most race and track conditions ... at least for now.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

And that almost crash between de Puniet and Melandri (I think)....wow.
I think it was Elias, but it was certainly was a hard coming together. I'm surprised at least one of em didn't come off. Wasn't de Puniet carrying an injury as well? I'm sure I heard something on the commentry saying he could probably do about 12 laps before the pain kicks in?
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.