Attention Racefans!!!!

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
FZRDude
Co-Admin

Attention Racefans!!!!

Post by FZRDude »

Hey John, I fixed it.

:poke
Last edited by FZRDude on Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Can you believe the Valencia MotoGP race? Full of surprises. Rossi on pole position. Everyone mixing it up the first five laps. Pedrosa moves over so Hayden can pass him (they're friends again). Rossi lowsides into the gravel. Troy Bayliss from FIM World Superbike, substituting for Sete Gibernau, wins the race ... and Nicky Hayden wins the MotoGP Championship.

The 2007 MotoGP season should be very interesting. Set your calendar for March 10th (Qatar).

Don

yamaweezle
Regular Poster

Post by yamaweezle »

when rossi went down, it was like slow motion...i got out of my chair and went, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *breath* oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! still, my hat goes off to hayden...he played it pretty safe all the way to the end of the race...
She said, "It's just a bike...It can be replaced...", and I said, "Good, now you and my bike have something in common...".

Matt
NESBA #347
2004 YAMAHA R1

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

how is it that bayliss rode the factory duck gp bike like a pile of garbage the whole time he was there, only to come back and win with it on very little notice?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I still giggle at the fact that Bayliss did it on Sete's bike .....

jjs777
Co-Admin

me sticking my tounge out at FZRDUDE

Post by jjs777 »

not sure why this post is aimed at me...all my previous posts were race entitled

nonetheless...

screw hayden

go rossi

sorry...hayden doesnt deserve dirt that rossi kicks up

we all know the honda war machine is finely tuned and a billion zillion dollars behind it ...

very sad...

HAYDEN DID NOT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP -

ROSSI LOSSED IT.....

again I say...

screw hayden....

what makes rossi so endearing to watch is that he is performing on a bike that no one else can....

I was mortified when I was on crash.net (couldnt even get into motogp.com) and they said he was in 7th...I didnt look again until much later

RUFtech
Veteran Poster

Post by RUFtech »

I'm happy for Hayden. He deserved this championship just from the effort he had to put forth. But the telling point will be next year.
Can he win back to back championships? Not likely. Rossi will be like an uncaged animal looking for revenge. And Pedrosa will mature (hopefully) over the next fews months.
I think next season will be one of the best yet.
Bob
'97 YZF750R (sold)
'87 Porsche 944 Turbo
'04 GTO
If you haven't seen god your not going fast enough

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

jjs777 wrote:screw hayden
go rossi
Don't hold back John ... let us know what you really think. :D

You have to admire Rossi for being gracious in defeat.
Rossi wrote:'Nicky is my personal favorite (if I don't win!); he's a great guy as well as a great rider. This is not easy in this paddock. I like him, I like his family. His father came to my motorhome after Portugal to congratulate me—after Portugal....! Fack! 'He deserves to be World Champion.'
and Hayden did get an assist from Dani Pedrosa
Pedrosa wrote:"I'm very happy for this result - for myself, for Nicky and for the team. The team has won every title this year - the riders' title, the constructors, the Team title and the Rookie of the year so this is very good for us. I think we did a good job today. I made a good start and I was waiting until Nicky was behind me. When they showed me that Nicky was third and I was second I let him past and showed him with my foot where he should pass me. Then I slowed down quite a lot to give Nicky some space in second place. I didn't push for the last five laps and brought it home."

Don

straygator
Veteran Poster

Post by straygator »

Nice pic Don, he sure looks like a champion there ... but I can't get behind Honda, hope Dani races him next year AND goooooo Rossi

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I only rooted for Hayden, not H*nda.

Next year is a whole new ball game. Pullin for Rossi & Yamaha the whole way.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

wow, gp bikes are pretty damn narrow.
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Tim wrote:Next year is a whole new ball game. Pullin for Rossi & Yamaha the whole way.
I'm with you Tim. Honda won the Championship this year. Ducati came in strong at the end (1st and 2nd @ Valencia). Rossi was coming on strong for Yamaha the 2nd half of the season. It would be nice to see both Rossi and Colin Edwards put Yamaha in the lead next season. But I'm not sure what to expect with the new 800cc bikes. All the riders comments say the same thing ... the 800cc rides like a big 250cc. I don't see that as very revealing. With the traction control systems they had on the 990cc bikes this year the riders were saying the same thing ... rides like a big 250cc.
My interpretation is the 800cc is getting back to what the 750cc use to offer; the handling of a 600cc with more HP/torque like a liter bike. Next season could be deja-vu for the FZR750RR OW01 fans :D

Don

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Hooligan wrote:how is it that bayliss rode the factory duck gp bike like a pile of garbage the whole time he was there
What?? You mean like coming 3rd at last time he rode at Valencia on the Duck? I wish I could ride that badly.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.
Getting older by the day.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

he was with the factory squad for two years. didn't he total around three podiums with no wins?
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

He finished 6th in 2003. Just 2 points behind some guy called hayden. What has he ever achieved? 3 wins from 64 starts, and one of those was gifted to him by Edwards.
2004 was pretty dire to be honest, but capirossi did nothing either which would suggest ducati got something seriously wrong. Incidently capirex finished equal to that hayden guy that year.

Anyone fancy a bet on next year? I'm not sure if rossi can regain his title, but i'm certain Hayden wont. He'll get walked all over by Melandri.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

owdamer wrote:I'm not sure if Rossi can regain his title, but I'm certain Hayden wont. He'll get walked all over by Melandri.
Hayden will lose the title. That's about the only thing I'm pretty sure about.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

please be aware that i am in no way a hayden supporter. i just found bayliss' win strange.
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Hooligan wrote:please be aware that i am in no way a hayden supporter. i just found bayliss' win strange.
I wasn't suggesting you were a Hayden fan. I was just commenting on Bayliss's performance. I had a feeling he would do well as the duke seems to have gone quite well this year. (well Capi's has, cant say the same for gibbo).
If you look into Bayliss's other motogp rides you'll probably see that the duke didn't do great in its 2nd year, and the Honda hasn't been the all conquering bike people thought it was since Rossi's input wasn't there.
Look at Edwards. Class rider. Had no end of troubles on the rcv.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

I missed the news that Camel/Yamaha resigned Edwards--that's great. It's hard to imagine him riding another brand.

I think next year's move to 4 cyl 800s and the Ducati's play to keep it's 1000s with the addition of a restrictor plate is going to make the champioship a big crapshoot. Honda will have the deep pockets for R&D but money alone can't buy a championship.

And I'm glad to see an American win. It's due, and I hope it will spark more interest in the U.S. and hopefully bring a second Moto GP to the east coast.

Kontoboy

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Valentino Rossi bounced back from his title defeat by putting the new 800cc Yamaha on top of the post-season testing timesheets, at Valencia on Wednesday.

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team (800cc) 1min 33.10 secs
[Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team (990cc) 1min 32.70 secs]

2. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (800cc) 1min 33.11 secs
3. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (800cc) 1min 33.14 secs
4. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (800cc) 1min 33.18 secs
5. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (800cc) 1min 33.21 secs
6. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (800cc) 1min 33.41 secs
7. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (800cc) 1min 33.66 secs
8. Jeremy McWilliams GBR Ilmor SRT (800cc) 1min 35.80 secs
9. Andrew Pitt AUS Ilmor SRT (800cc) 1min 36.60 secs

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Rossi- ... 139779.htm

Don