Attention Racefans!!!!

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

look at the ilmor go!! i hope they do well next season.

konto, where did you read that ducati wants to run restrictors?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Whats happened to McCoy??
I hope the Ilmor turns out to be a serious challenger rather than an also ran like the FP1, WCM, Aprillia cube, KRV4 (or whatever it was called).
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.
Getting older by the day.

MadHaqr9
Veteran Poster

Post by MadHaqr9 »

I'm no Honda fan either, but short of another Rossi repeat I was pulling for Hayden as well - still a bit down about Rossi though. :cry:

Hopefully Yammy can put a bike together to fit Colin's style and they can make a serious run for the Team / Constructor Titles next year. The race that he almost won was the only time I've ever stood in my living room yelling/cheering at the TV at any sporting event. The man is way overdue and once he gets one GP win I think he's going to be much more of a contender than in previous seasons.

When did Pitt sign with Ilmor? Who's riding with Nitro Nori next season? I must have missed some news somewhere.

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Pitt's not signed. he's just testing, or being tested. His place in the Yamaha squad with Nori has been taked by Corser. Old news.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.
Getting older by the day.

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

I believe it was in Road Racer or something like that. Got dragged to the mall , hit the bookstore and picked up a magazine to read. As I recall it was an interview with a Ducati rep. I read it back in August, so it could of been an August or September issue.

Kontoboy

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

KontoBoy wrote:I believe it was in Road Racer or something like that. Got dragged to the mall , hit the bookstore and picked up a magazine to read. As I recall it was an interview with a Ducati rep. I read it back in August, so it could of been an August or September issue.

Kontoboy
Found it: August 2006 RoadRacing World, pp. 113. Dennis Nolan interview with Ducati Dorse CEO Claudi Domenicali.

A snippet:

RW: Last week in MotoGP I spoke with (Dorna CEO) Carmel Ezpeleta about the possibility of the FIM allowing some 990s to run in satellite teams with restrictor plates against the new 800cc prototype which begin next year. He thinks it is a good idea for a single season. What is Ducati's position?

CD: We think it is a very good idea, because it is an opportunity to put in place what we normally just discuss in history.

Domenicali is referring to previous use of restrictor plates as way to reduce cost for the satellite teams.

Kontoboy