New front end and brakes

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
noshoes
Veteran Poster

New front end and brakes

Post by noshoes »

This was done awhile ago but I lost my camera cable and was out riding it , so heres some photos of my 90 1000..
The forks are off a 92 Fzr 1000,brakes are off 98 R1,EBC Pro Light contour,Ebc pads, steel lines,Technomagnesio Rims..Still waiting on new sprocket or rear magnesium rim and titanium rotor bolts.. Rear end has 155mm dogbones and Ohlins rear hrc46...The bike handles like a dream!!!!!

:bfg :bfg :bfg
90 FZR 1000/92 FZR 1000 streetfighter
I like me some FAST!!!!
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

willi
Veteran Poster

Post by willi »

sweet!! :banana
89 FZR1000
07 CBR1000RR
07 HYOSUNG COMET 250R
Image http://www.freshfm.com.au/

noshoes
Veteran Poster

Post by noshoes »

Thanks!! The 92 forks raised the front about an 1/8th of an inch, and Dr Jims 155mm dog-bones raised the rear about 1.5 inches. I got used to the new riding position after 10 miles.I couldn't be happier with the way it handles!!!! :bfg :bfg :bfg
I like me some FAST!!!!
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

Jamaro

Post by Jamaro »

What a coincidence! I have made a similar adjustment to my FZR 1000 '90
A cruise missile with a topcase... Image

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Hey Jamaro, :welcome to the forum!!!

Check you PM's please... :banana
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

noshoes
Veteran Poster

Post by noshoes »

Very clean Jamaro!!!Heres an updated photo...
I like me some FAST!!!!

Jamaro

Post by Jamaro »

@FZRDude: Done! (no problem)

I'll be fitting six calliper (?) brakes from a '94 / '95 model. Not completely sure though, I recently learned that the brake disc surface is smaller for those bikes... And I don't want to loose my Brembo Apprillia brake discs. Maybe it's not a problem, I'll find out soon.

Noshoes: what have you done about the bigger front end collapsing with the radiator mount? As long as there's no accident it's not a problem. But I'm afraid the front end will be permanently damaged in such a case...
A cruise missile with a topcase... Image