Look At What I Went and Did Again!!!!!!!!

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Look At What I Went and Did Again!!!!!!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

Traded the 2004 GSXR 600 for this 2002 R1. Those that don't remember, I bought the GSXR for $4100! :banana :banana :banana :banana
Told ya I'm a Yamaha Guy :poke
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

My buddy had the exact bike, and traded it for an 04. Biggest mistake you could make. That one was so much more fun on the street, and I am not good enough to ride it (1 liter) on the track. Of course he has had 3 new bikes since then.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Dang Barn!!! Sweet!!!!
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Pacer...
How is the 02 mo bettah than the 04?
I've ridden a bunch of earlier R1's and own an 06. I personally think the 04-06 are the best of em. The earlier ones had more midrange but a pipe and powercommander totally cured THAT issue.
I ain't pokin at ya, I'm just curious.
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

lane
Veteran Poster

nice

Post by lane »

nice bike

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

The 04 had stock exhaust, the 02 a slipon/powercommander. The 04 felt great on the windy roads, but no mid range. Things didn't get exciting until eight thousandish. The 02 was well up to the task of my street pace, and would lift the front on command. Just more fun screwing around with my buddies. The There was also a GSXR in our group, and of all of them I have to say I liked my 04 CBR1000 the most. Granted mine had a full exhaust and was tuned by Dusty at DynoJet, so I was no longer at a loss for power. The 04 R1 had the nicest seating postion of the group. You kind of felt like you were in the bike, not on top, but at "spirited" street pace you could not make any of these bike nervous. The power delivery was the differnce for me. Side note. To compare the FZR to the CBR: There is a road out here where the center of the lane is fairly rough. On the FZR I found my self in triple digits in the middle of a corner. The bike let me know that the ground was not smooth, but never let me think I was in trouble. When I got the CBR I ran the line on purpose, and have to say the Honda barely even wiggled. Definitly 11 years of evolution. In the end the FZR may not have been as stable, but she gave no sign of dumping me. After the CBR was stolen I bought the FZR back from my cousin at first chance. It handles my street pace just fine, and no one wants to load it into the back of their van.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

finally barn, back on a yamaha! congrats on the new bike, hope you enjoy it.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Not to Jack your thread or anything but I gotta tell you. After fighting with some F*G at Yamaha Canada as to why he won't do the recall on my Throttle Bodies for the TPS; I gotta tell you, I'm done with Yamaha. That's going to be real hard because for some reason, I shit blue and yellow before that!

What have they done for me lately though?

Not that I suppose any other manufacturer would do a damn thing either but.... man it really roasts my potatoes. Friggen manufacturers will do anything to get out of forking out a $$$

Nice ride btw Barn. Whether or not it's a Yamaha, it's all about bein' on a litre bike.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

Thank ya thank ya! Glad to be back on a liter bike again. Just happy to be able to use the Yamaha suit again!
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......