Bucko's project R1: Naked Ambition

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
Bucko
New Poster

Bucko's project R1: Naked Ambition

Post by Bucko »

I'm turning my '04 R1 into a Street Fighter. I've had it since new and had my fun with those awful clip on bars, so a naked was the next step.

To begin with, here is my R1 fully faired. These are the last pics of it with clothes on taken.

I got home from work one night about 11pm and decided it was time to strip the R1 down to see what we have and what needs moving or modifying.

The important thing when working on any motorcycle is to have the right tools for such a job.

By midnight I had the R1 looking like this:

That leaves me with things to do like moving the fuse box from the radiator. It will probably go under the seat.

I will also need to tidy up the looks by hiding other wiring and make the radiator hoses look a little better. Note the coolant leak.

Since then the triple clamp has been modified and Virago bar mounts and some custom risers have been fitted along with MX bars.
I picked up a fender eliminator the other day along with a few other bits including some bar end mirrors.

I've recently moved house, so I need to do some garage sorting and get stuck back into it.

So, as you can see, lots of fun to come yet...

Bucko
New Poster

Post by Bucko »

Something a little like this is what I'm aiming for:

jumbo

Post by jumbo »

I like what you are aiming at Bucko! Sweet... Looks a bit like my FZ1 but with more zip, yeah?! Awesome, keep swigin' down that JB and coke, it's what I am drinking at the moment, bloody hot down here, 36c today. 25c tonight, can't sleep. Maybe more Jimmies will help, cheers mate, Jumbo
Speed will get you no where.....FAST!

Bucko
New Poster

Post by Bucko »

I need some headlight ideas though.
I don't want to use an FZ1 headlight like the one above, nor do I want a Speed Triple style twin light, nor a cheap strap on MX light.

So, any other good ideas?
I was thinking a naked ER-6 Kwaka head light.

jumbo

Post by jumbo »

Hmmmm... Well, I like the alien look, but that's just personal. I am with you about the twin headlight look, yuk. There aint much on the market that I know of that would suit. I know my headlight is like it or leave it. You have to get onto something more original....Wait till I am sober :lol: Might think of something :roll:

Bucko
New Poster

Post by Bucko »

I like the FZ-1 headlight, but if I wanted an FZ-1, I would have just bought one, hence why I want something different.

jumbo

Post by jumbo »

I totally agree. Your project is what reflects your image. I am in awe that you started with an already good looking scoot, and have the balls to go naked. :cool

jumbo

Post by jumbo »

What about somehow getting the four lights out of your fairing and fitting them in a pattern similar to where they were originally, but out in the open? The R1 looks sick with that config. in the nose...

Bucko
New Poster

Post by Bucko »

I want the frontal area small.
The speedo is being mounted in the airbox cover of the tank, so the only thing forward of the triple clamps will be the light. The standard lights really are quite big.

Yammy R4
New Poster

Post by Yammy R4 »

What about the Bennelli Tornado 3 stack or the ducati 999 twin stack projector?

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

the ghezzi & brian guzzi's use a twin stack projector layout that looks pretty cool.

how about a light from the mv brutale?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Single beam from an FZR1K ? And get some Jack. That Kintucky stuff is for kids who don't know Jack !

Yammy R4
New Poster

Post by Yammy R4 »

Or MV August F4 teardrop headlight?

Bucko
New Poster

Post by Bucko »

A few different ideas there.
I guess it's a matter of seeing how they mount and what I can do.