FZ750/1000 Wheel Swap Help needed

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
weiner127
Regular Poster

FZ750/1000 Wheel Swap Help needed

Post by weiner127 »

Anyone with any info please check the initial post

Thanks Click for PICS
http://exupbrotherhood1.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4844

weiner127
Regular Poster

Post by weiner127 »

Surely someone has this info

cromwelluk
Regular Poster

FZ 750 Front wheel

Post by cromwelluk »

To upgrade from the original 16in you will require a 88/89 1000 3 spoke wheel
However this is not a straight bolt on fit , the wheel will fit in the forks ok but the brake calipers will not match due to the larger brake rotors
You will need to make up a bracket even if you try to fit the later calipers they will also need a bracket making up
Most just fit the entire front end

I believe the exup front wheel has a different spindle diamerter but can be made to firt with machined spacers
Best place for this type of info is fz750.net

Crommie

weiner127
Regular Poster

Post by weiner127 »

It's a rear wheel swap

cromwelluk
Regular Poster

FZ 750 Back wheel

Post by cromwelluk »

Sorry Bro
thought you had got the back sorted and were loking at the front
Got to agree with the others guys the 17 inch is the most common & my son has the same mod
Never done this one but if it helps you should not run the wheel off center it need to be aligned.
The Fz 750 inner distance between the end of the swing arm is 242mmm and the FZr 1000 is 255 So it looks like you will need to machine some spacers, not sure i agree with using the Fzr spacers ?
As the spindle sizes are the same I would assemble the fz making sure the wheel is straight and measure the distance from the inner swingarm to the sprocket

then put in the FZR and center the wheel then measure the diststance to the sprocket using the same measuring point
As the engine cases are very alike I would expect the center line offset to be the same
if it is not you need to machine some spacers to centre the wheel and machine the hub or use an offset sprocket
Good luck with your project

Crommie

steviexbaby
New Poster

1000 to 750 wheel swap - done it.

Post by steviexbaby »

Hi, in answer to the question of fitting the 1000 rear wheel - yes it can be done. Not a drop-in conversion though. The wheel has to be made narrower (by machining away the outer part of the cush drive) to fit inside the swingarm. The cush rubbers need to be cut away by the same amount. It does fit though; this is the way I fitted a decent rear wheel to the 750 I run in 'Modern Classics' races here in the Isle of Man. Besides making it easier to find cheap rubber it has improved handling.
Living to ride in the Isle of Man - "The Road Racing Capital of the World"