Vesrah Gaskets?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
McFizzer
Veteran Poster

Vesrah Gaskets?

Post by McFizzer »

How's the qualities on these? I'm in the middle of my exup build and was just wondering how they hold up as far as that goes?
-Anthony-
::1992 FZR 1000::
Under construction at the moment.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I looked at Vesrah, but in the end went down to the local dealer and ordered genuine as required, they are a bit more expensive than buying a pre-packaged set, but you know the quality's there.
Last edited by kiwi60 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o
Nope - The Triumph got written off :wtf:

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I want to say I used Vesrah for everything but the head gasket and went with O.E. on that.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

McFizzer
Veteran Poster

Some other questions

Post by McFizzer »

Okay well as far as head gasket goes, I'll go through wiseco for my head gasket as im doing a 1040 build that Im in transaction with Chris with a 1040 kit and a thunderace crank...this income tax money needs to come!!!(the 4th its due..)

Tim, hows the Vesrah stem seals that come in the kit good? I've got a build thread I started on the archives but tomorrow when i get home I'll start it over here with my pictures =)

Also I need to order my oil delivery pipe for my 750 6 spd swap.. Oh with that is the 750 output shaft smalled then the 1k?

Cheers everyone. Im so thankful for you guys. Remember I brought up when I joined a few months ago about fixing a problem with the sump and why you cant wheelie and how it'll dry the motor of oil because of the oil pick up and I believe one Stan or Kiwi came up with the idea of a baffle in the sump.. Can we go over that more when I start my thread lol I've got some questions for thou Exup gods lol :)
-Anthony-
::1992 FZR 1000::
Under construction at the moment.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I didn't do the rebuild, a member that doesn't frequent much any more did the work for me. He used to live down the street, now he lives down the coast in So. Cal.

But anyway, I've had no problem in several years and 3500-ish miles.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

haven't had luck with Vesrah myself
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

creed12r
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: Some other questions

Post by creed12r »

McFizzer wrote: Also I need to order my oil delivery pipe for my 750 6 spd swap.. Oh with that is the 750 output shaft smalled then the 1k?

:)
The Yzf750 and EXUP output shafts are the same size and it's a straight swap, nothing needs to be spaced out to make it fit.